Basement is an additional living space which is often considered by most homeowners to be built to be the first area because as we know that basement is a base room which is usually located in the base floor of a house, office, or other buildings, especially when the high of ceilings are about eight feet high. However, do not any just follow your friends or neighbors in building a basement, but the functions of this room should also be known and understood. You know, a basement can have many functions and purposes, as a playroom for your kids, as a home office for a place where you can work without any disturbance, or an additional living room when a shelves, stools, worktable, and a slop sink want to be placed there for your family pursue arts and crafts.
About how to use your basement have already decided, and then the fun decorating of basement can be started. However, how about basement decorating steps to make that? Here are some information and tips in decorating your basement, especially when it is purposed for your living room.
- As mentioned, basement in a living room means that it is only an additional room where you can spend your time more fun and comfortable with your family, so the type of the living room that will be needed by your family should be determined well. A traditional living roomor a media room can be made as a theme for your new basement living room and the video game and accessory storage will be needed by you if you basement is a media-style living room. Some shelves, cubbies, and some bookcases can be placed there if your family members like reading much.
- That you have enough storage should be made sure as well in considering basement decorating steps to make that because more spaces should be prepared for having fun with your family. The shelves, cubbies, and a display space can be used so that a homey atmosphere can be created there. Knick-knacks, vases, and heavy paperweights can be showcased in your basement as well.
- A colorful basement living room is another thing that will be needed by you and the furniture can be coordinated with the wall color then as the next basement decorating steps to make that. The neutral colors can be your best choice and can be used to your walls, especially when your furniture has bold colors. However, the contrasting colors can be used when the neutral colors belong to your furniture.
- Your furniture can be updated, especially when they cannot be used anymore, and moving pieces from other areas of your home into your new basement can also be considered in the next basement decorating steps to make that.
- The ample lighting can also be added and the hanging lamps, table lamps, and also wall sconces will be the most suitable to be installed. The white twinkle lights can be considered as well for a whimsical or romantic touch, while if the warm romantic atmosphere can be created by placing the battery-operated flickering candles in your basement living room.
There are some tips of basement decorating steps to make that that can be followed. All things can be made as creative as you can. Good luck for having the new best basement living room!