Having bathtub in your bathroom is one of the best things you will ever have since it will let you add beautiful look to your bathroom. However, since the time goes by, your bathroom might look quite dull. Bathtub refinishing will be one of the best solutions you can get as there is still some other solution available for bathtub according to different condition of a bathtub.
Before you have a refinishing for your bathtub, you might found different option for refinishing. Refinishing or DIY refinishing are two different option you might have. You might want to have DIY refinishing as this is one of the most affordable ways to get a refinishing for bathtub. However, this kind of refinishing will not last for long time. It will quickly peel and chip soon instead. For the best result, hire a professional might be the best solution you have.
Do Bathtub Refinishing Yourself
Though it might not be the only option to do bathtub refinishing yourself is one of the option that you can take with the thorough consideration. It will let you have a bit more lower cost for the refinishing job that will be the best solution for those who are available with limited budget only.
Further, there are several things that you will need when you plan to have a DIY bathtub refinishing. Things like Sandpaper, Tape, Paper, Spray gun, Primer, Caulk, Mask and Chemical cleaner are several things that you need to prepare before you do refinishing on your bathtub. Preparing those things before you do the refinishing job will help you to prepare everything that later will help you during the refinishing process. Moreover, those things are several things that will be quite easy to get from the local store. It is also possible that you might do the refinishing better than you’ve expected and even will bring you such long lasting result.
Follow these steps if you might have the best step for refinishing.
- Using the chemical cleaner to cleanse the surface of a bathtub. It will be the first step that will need you to clean up your bathtub.
- To remove old paint and film, you need to sand the entire bathtub. Wipe it clean and let it dry.
- You need to cover your fixture with the drain area for your main focus. You need to keep the air circulation well.
- You can now spray the bonding agent. An even back-and-forth motion will be the best advice you can do to have the best result. You need to let it dry for 5 to 10 minutes before you can move to the next step of applying the primer on the entire tub. Wait for 30 after the primer applied.
- Refinishing paint needs to be applied to give your tub polished look. You need to remember to wait 5 minutes between coatings.
- Now you can remove all the tape from the bathtub. To have the best result before you apply a new caulk, you need to wait for 2 to 3 days.