If you have planned on creating a garden which is full of useful plants meaning that your garden can be planted with herbs plants then it is a perfect idea because your house will not be more beautiful and attractive by planting them, but you and your family’s health can also be kept well by consuming the natural herbs for your illness or disease. It is effective and good when the herbs are planted in pots because the arrangement can also be easily done in your garden, but how to make herb gardens in pots? You can check the steps out in the following.
- The pots having a drain hole in the bottom should be chosen and prepared and it is no matter of what materials they are made, the plastic pots or clay can be used but that they are well-drained should also be made sure so there are no herbs with wet roots. In preparing herb gardens in pots, more than one or two herbs can be contained by the larger pots on excess of 12 or 14 inches in diameter, while there is only one herb held by smaller pots of 6 to 8 inches in diameter.
- The coffee filter can be placed over the hole in the bottom of the container because the water will be allowed to drain out while the soil is being kept in. Then, a layer of gravel can be placed at the bottom of the container because that the container can drain well will be ensured by this kind of thing.
- The container can be filled with half full of potting soil while the various herbs can be assembled and where you want to plant them in the container can also be decided, and the medium tall plant can be placed in the center, like bee balm or chamomile will the most suitable to be placed there. The medium-sized plants can also be placed around the central herb and the good medium plants can be made by savory, tarragon, lavender, sage, and basil. In making a good herb gardens in pots, all the same plant can be planted or the different ones can be used all around the central herb. For the low growing herbs can be placed at the edge of the container and these kinds of plants include thyme, marjoram, and oregano.
- The next thing in creating herb gardens in pots is around the roots of the plants can be filled in and up to the stems with potting soil and the soil should be kept off the leaves of the plants and this should also be stabilized in the pot by pressing around each plant or firming down. When you have just once planted them all, the plants can be watered and you do not need to water them except when the weather is really hot. Water them when you see that there is an evaporation of moisture.
- The plants can also be watered if you see that there are the dried-soils because of no rain in the forecast. The pots should also be mulched once after you have planted them because the moisture will be kept in during the dry season, and cocoa hulls, straw, and bark mulch can also be used. The best pots for herb gardens in pots are bushel baskets, well, happy gardening!