For many homeowners that have small bathrooms and they are not satisfied because of the looks are too smaller, they must ask the question of how to make a small bathroom look bigger because the small bathroom can sometimes look narrow and it will be uncomfortable to be inside the bathroom. Perhaps, what we think before is that the smaller bathroom can look simple and it will not space consuming but in the end, you place anything you want there and it look so full and narrow. There are some tips on how to make a small bathroom look bigger that can be followed.
- Colors are also able to influence the bathroom so that it can look bigger or smaller, so a light color for the walls should be chosen. On how to make a small bathroom look bigger, the bigger look can also be made by a modest pattern and it can be achieved when a patterned wallpaper or a faux finish is preferred to be used. The lighter colors can be used for the walls and the slight darker colors can be used for the pattern.
- A fresh coat of white paint can be given to your ceiling because an airy feel can be added and all trim white can also be painted. The height can also be added to the room when a white crown molding is added and your small bathroom can be made look bigger.
- For the lighting, a skylight can be added and the curtains can be removed from the windows. The light bulbs can also be replaced with CFL versions because bright, natural light is provided by them to any room and the efficient energy as well. For the final, the recessed lighting can be added and the light fixtures which jut out can be added into the room.
- Floors are also the most important elements in how to make a small bathroom look bigger, so the light-colored flooring can be used. One area rug which the most of the space that is a light color is filled with can be used if your bathroom floors are dark colors and they cannot be replaced. And then, a medium-size tile square can be chosen and it should be at six inches or eight inches and the simple straight tile pattern is recommended because if it is too small then the room will look smaller.
- A pedestal sink can be used if it is possible because the cabinet will be eliminated so that your bathroom will look bigger, but if your current cabinets cannot be changed, the dark cabinets can be painted with the white color. Then, any wall cabinets can be recessed and they can be eliminated and the glass can be chosen as your shower door as well. Do not forget the mirror should be replaced because the light will be reflected and the room will look larger.
Those are some how to make a small bathroom look bigger guides from the colors, floors, lighting and also the fixtures and cabinets. Hopefully, they can help you a lot in changing your bathroom. Good luck for your effort later!