When it comes for you to replace your old bathtub, you will need to have kind of clear instruction to help you remove the bathtub. How to remove a bathtub will bring you kind clear steps to do to help you remove your bathtub. There are several things that you need to prepare to help remove your bathroom later.
It might be quite easy steps needed of how to remove a bathtub which is categorized as free standing bathtub. It will be lot easier to remove the one which is free standing instead of the one that is attached to the walls. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it will not be able to be done since there are several steps you can follow to help remove the one which is not attached.
How to Remove a Bathtub – Things to Prepare and Step
Before you might begin the step of removing your bathtub according to the step on how to remove a bathtub, there are several things that you need to prepare in order to help you finish the removing bathtub work. Preparing these things before you start to work to remove the bathtub will be a lot easier and safer. Things like sabre saw, safety goggles, sledgehammer and plastic covering are several things that will be quite helpful when you do removing bathtub work.
Following are steps you can follow to help you remove the bathtub especially the one that is attached to the walls.
- You need to make sure that you have disconnected the handles and faucet from the tub area. Use sabre saw to cut into the wall above the tub about 6 inches deep. Plastic is needed to cover every object near the tub and protect it from the dust and particles. You need to do this cutting work until you reach the piping and studs of the wall.
- Once you’ve reached the piping, you can move to detach the tub. Detach everything such as piping and strainer screws. You might need to safe the screws for later. You need to be sure that you have done it at each of the tub that meets the wall.
- Now you need to pry the tub using a metal bar. Make sure to make the tub is loose to move to the next step.
- You can lift and pull the tub. The only thing that will help you to do this is by placing runner underneath the tub. It will help you to get the leverage to pull.
- Now you have your tub unattached. The step is to bring this tub out from your bathroom. If your bathroom too small, it’d better if you break down this tub using sabre saw or sledgehammer to help you bring it out of the bathroom.
It might not be easy to do, but that is the step of how to remove a bathtub that will be very help for you to remove your bathtub from your bathroom.